The LaFayette Fire Department is always looking for quality volunteer personnel for our program. If you are interested and can meet our qualifications, please print out an application and either mail, fax, or drop it off at Fire Headquarters. We have many opportunities within the department to choose from.
- NPQ Firefighter
- Support Firefighter
- First Responder
- Emergency Medical Technician
- Combination NPQ Firefighter And (First Responder/EMT)
Qualifications for Membership
- 18 years of age
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Good physical condition
- Valid Georgia driver’s license
- Good driving record
- Pass criminal background check
- Maintain a high level of participation
- Georgia State Firefighters Association retirement pension qualification
- Uniforms and protective clothing provided
- Unique training opportunities
- Fill out application (mail, fax, or drop off at Fire Headquarters)
- Background investigation (performed by Fire Chief’s office)
- Oral interview
- Medical/Physical examination
- Drug screen
- Physical Agility Test (PAT)
- Issue of equipment and supplies
- Probationary duty assignment
Disqualification of Application
- Applicant is less than eighteen (18) years of age.
- The applicant knowingly submits an application that contains information that is false or significantly incorrect.
- The applicant does not provide at least two credible and favorable references, or if other credible references provide substantial derogatory information concerning the applicant.
- The applicant has been convicted of a felony, or a crime that would constitute a felony in Georgia, within the last ten (10) years; or cannot be confirmed as having good moral character as determined by investigation. Good moral character generally consists of the absence of any conviction for misdemeanors or documented participation in any actions involving “moral turpitude” or distribution of controlled substances; any personal use of controlled substances, DUI or contributing to the delinquency of a minor within the past five (5) years, or any other actions that in the judgment of the Fire Chief would tend to cause doubt in the public trust of the Department.
- The applicant does not have a valid driver’s license or has his or her license suspended within the last three years for a violation point count of 15 or more traffic violation points; has a record of being a habitually negligent or dangerous driver; has more than three (3) moving traffic violations within the past two (2) years with dispositions other then not guilty or dismissed; has any record of more than one (1) DUI; has a record on aggressive or reckless driving, excessive speeding of a serious nature, hit and run, or fleeing or attempting to elude an officer with a disposition other than not guilty or dismissed; or has a drivers history that demonstrates a pattern of an irresponsible behavior.